Researching agents

I’ve finished editing and retyping the second draft of my upper middle grade fantasy novel, Moonrise Ink! I’m now waiting for feedback from a few first readers. In the meantime, I’m researching potential agents to query and putting together my query letter. Actually, I started doing that a while ago because I’m impatient, but I’m doing it some more. *gasp* Not sure when I’ll start sending out queries, but it won’t be long. I’m excited to have finally gotten to this stage, but also terrified. *gulp*

I’m also plotting and fleshing out a number of ideas for my next projects, though I’m not exactly sure what they’ll be. I’ve got a young adult sci-fi and several more middle grade fantasy ideas, along with a potential adult supernatural fantasy to be co-written with a friend.

I’m going back and forth between being excited to start a new project and being sick with nervousness over whether or not I’ll find an agent with Moonrise Ink. Or maybe that’s just allergies.

ETA: I forgot to mention, the final wordcount of my second draft came to 78,900 words. That’s down from 105,400 words. So I was able to shave 26,500 words away. 78,900 words is still long for a middle grade novel, but that’s honestly as compact as I could get it.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Tumblr0Email this to someone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*